In the early 1970's, the congregation found the need to relocate once again due to congregational growth and the inability to expand the existing structure. Property was purchased just south of the existing property on Union Road, and construction began in November 1974. Pastor Henry Miller was largely responsible for the design of the new building. The building was dedicated on June 29, 1975, and is the present home of Fairview Church. The congregation continued to grow, and an addition (including a Great Room and nursery facilities) was added to the back of the existing church in 1989.
From the beginning there was strong emphasis on the New Birth, evangelism, holiness and missions. Sunday School was begun at the turn of the century and held Sunday afternoons. Highlights of Fairview's 130-year history include several remodeling projects, the annual barn meeting at the Herrs where city children were given a big country dinner and all the milk they could drink, the annual Jake Hoover prayer meetings after the 1913 flood, the victorious passing of Pastor Levi Herr, the departure of several families to the frontiers of Colorado, the project of a home for the Payne children orphaned by the 1918 flu epidemic, outstanding evangelistic meetings, the Bible Conference celebrating the church's 50th anniversary, the police-escorted parade from the old white frame church to the existing church building in 1975, and the annual August block party on the front lawn of our present location.
Missionaries of the congregation were Jesse and Docia Wenger, Mary Heisey, Rhoda Lenhert, Erma Herr, Phyllis Engle, and Grace Holland in Africa; Effie Rohrer and Dr. Lowell Mann in India; and Ruth Pawelski in Mexico. Those having served in home missions or voluntary service are William and Susie Boyer, Albert Engle, William and Evelyn Engle, Erma Ulery, Evelyn Hill, Dr. Sam and Lucy Brubaker, Geneva Yoder, Dorothy Byer, Esther Lenhert, and Dr. Paul and Mary Lenhert.
Contributors: Marjorie Haines, Luanne Robinson, Larry Drusen, Henry Helmuth, and Shirley Helmuth.
Website Created & Hosted with Website.com Website Builder